Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE WILL OF GOD

If you think you have a need, you can then place it before God and ask whether it is a legitimate prayer. If you feel inwardly that your need is just, then pray: `Lord, you know that this is my need. I will reason, I will be creative, I will do whatever is necessary. All I ask of You is that you guide my will and creative abilities to the right things that I should do.
Be fair with God. Perhaps He has something better for you than what you are praying for. It is a fact that sometimes your most fervent prayers and desires are your greatest enemies. Talk sincerely and justly with God, and let Him decide what is right for you. If you are receptive, He will lead you, He will work with you. Even if you make mistakes, don't be afraid. Have faith. Know that God is with you. Be guided in everything by that Power. It is unfailing. This truth is applicable to every one of you.
(Paramahansa Yogananda, `Journey to Self-Realization')

No comments: